Knowing what to expect going into a mortgage transaction gives you peace of mind. Your Carter Bank Mortgage Loan Specialist will guide you by itemizing specific documents that you may need to provide to complete your loan transaction.
Here is a list of items that may be required during the loan process.
- Most recent 30 days paystubs
- Last 2 Year’s W-2’s
- *Current income award letter (if applicable)
- Last 2 Year’s personal income tax returns (all pages and schedules)
- Last 2 Year’s K-1’s if applicable
- Copy of Divorce Decree or court order (if applicable)
- For VA loans: DD-214 or statement of service
- Last 2 month’s bank statement (all pages) i.e. checking, savings & money market
- Most recent investment account statement i.e. 401K, brokerage accounts
- Signed gift letter (if down payment is coming from a gift)
- Copy or ernest money deposit check
- Large deposit-signed letter of explanation and documentation supporting source of deposit
- Copy of ratified sales contract-all pages and addendums.
- Copies of most recent mortgage billing statements for all real estate owned free and clear
- Copies of the most recent real estate tax bill and homeowner’s declarations page
- Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed
- All loan subject to credit approval and property appraisal
- Not A commitment to lend
- Copy of driver’s license and /or government issued ID.
This list is for education purpose only and is not comprehensive. Some of these may or not be required based on individual situation.